A stand-alone tool which integrates with your Private Cloud allowing you to view near real time usage metrics, view your monthly bill as it currently stands and create custom split invoices for streamlined cost recovery
Management Console is included with your Private Cloud - available upon request.
First and foremost – Management console is essentially an administrator report of all usage metrics and individual user activity. These metrics can be used both for general matter management and for maintaining accurate cost expectations.
Many paralegals manually record their client's preservation activity, incoming data, productions activity and review activity in a spreadsheet. With Management Console, all activity will be tracked automatically.
Management console will timestamp and log the user ID that performed each action across all matters
- Examples of actions that are logged:
- Processing a collection
Quickly reference global activity and when things happened
- View bates ranges, bill codes
- View activity from this month, or look back 12 months on any given matter
- View when someone loaded adverse party data
Managing Cost Expectations
Quickly reference your bill as it is updated throughout the month – giving you the ability to proactively make clarifications
- View total number of documents produced, or total number of GBs processed
- Open up your bill to see how your GB usage thus far translates into your bill
- View info on professional services performed by Digital WarRoom for your firm such as service description, number of hours logged and hourly rate
- Create custom split invoices using 4 possible billing metrics
- At the end of the month, we will send you as many split invoices as you want adding up to equal or greater than your amount owed
- Simply pass each invoice to the corresponding client for cost recovery
Cost recovery is ethical and a common practice
ABA Ethics Opinion 08-451 states that “U.S. lawyers are free to outsource legal work, including to lawyers or nonlawyers outside the country, if they adhere to ethics rules requiring competence, supervision, protection of confidential information, reasonable fees and not assisting unauthorized practice of law.”
ABA Formal Opinion 93-379, a definitive analysis on billing norms, sets forth: “In the absence of an agreement to the contrary, it is impermissible for a lawyer to create an additional source of profit for the law firm beyond that which is contained in the provision of professional services themselves. The lawyer's stock in trade is the sale of legal services, not photocopy paper, tuna fish sandwiches, computer time or messenger services.”
We acknowledge that passing on eDiscovery costs is entirely the choice of your firm. Some firms do not pass on the costs of Digital WarRoom, viewing eDiscovery as an overhead cost.
Digital WarRoom recommends:
Host all your matters in one Private Cloud environment. Once you have an understanding of eDiscovery cost expectations, communicate with your clients and agree on a billing metric for each individual matter, but make it simple – for example, $2/GB/month, or $100/Month. When you create an organized, cost recovery system under this model, your clients will appreciate a lower bill and your firm will recover all costs under a standardized workflow, saving money, time and energy.