If your business becomes involved in more than one litigation case, it’s possible that the evidence required in the first will also be required for subsequent matters. It makes sense to retain that information in deliverable, defensible format. Unfortunately, most businesses don’t follow that logic; it’s estimated that repetitive collection and processing of ESI on 2nd and subsequent occasions adds as much as 30% of the cost of eDiscovery.
With Digital WarRoom’s eDiscovery Document Repository, you can create a vast database of useable ESI evidence. The data is stored one-time in the database but is can be made available to an unlimited number of specific cases for review. This not only simplifies the eDiscovery process but also reduces storage volume and hosting costs.
The Document Repository also retains designations, annotations and redactions created by attorney reviewers in previous matters. A document identified as privileged in one matter is highly likely to be considered privileged in subsequent matters. The repository gives you access to decisions, document tags and attorney notes from related cases, which could vastly improve efficiency and consistency in subsequent litigation.
The repository is built initially with content from active matters, and new ESI collections as need dictates. Digital WarRoom can conduct acquisition and preservation of target data from computers, network servers, cell phones, portable media storage, websites or cloud applications.
Digital WarRoom’s Document Repository gives you visibility and control of preserved documents
- Repository inventory reports summarize repository content by date range, custodian, document type, document count, page count, and other attributes
- Data Mapping Services: The Digital WarRoom team can provide information on the age of data, the owner, the location, an e-mail message’s sender and receiver, and even keywords. A data map will deliver the knowledge required to make “keep or delete” decisions for files and e-mail messages. The data mapping process brings clarity to data retention strategies.
- Analytics and custom reports can provide insights into characteristics in the document corpus and historic trends.
Retained attorney work product lets you:
- Review actions, decisions, and tags created for that document in other matters Gain insight from document marks and decisions – especially privileged content – in prior matters.
- Save attorney work product, reducing or eliminating redundant document review.
- Quickly access and reuse previously produced document sets.