In many matters, the sheer volume of data collected can be paralyzing.
How will you approach millions of pages of documents that you are likely unfamiliar with, and find the important documents quickly?
Digital WarRoom employs a wide range of techniques to analyze the content of a set of data, revealing patterns of conversation, events, relationships, and concepts. Through the appropriate use of analytics, meaningless data evolves into important information that helps you understand the case, confirm your strategy, and make appropriate decisions in identifying responsive and privileged documents.
Our analysis services include:
- Data Mining
Digital WarRoom Private Cloud software allows you to filter documents to better focus the review process.
Digital WarRoom offers advanced filtering capabilities, which allow for filtering of information by virtually any criteria you need. You can:
- Include or exclude all or specific file types
- Identify documents created within a specific timeline
- Include or exclude attachments or email conversation threads
- Search by document type, author, metadata fields
- Identify data types from documents, images to project files
- Manage files that aren’t indexed or don’t contain any text
- Use advanced analytics to filter data for privilege or by keyword
- Refine initial searches with subsequent nested searches
Evaluate review progress with filters by issue code or production status.
Data mining, also called data analytics, is the use of sophisticated tools and techniques to find unusual trends, patterns and relationships in one or more data sets.
In addition to keyword search, Boolean search, and filtering, Digital WarRoom supports advanced characterization of native documents to reveal meaningful patterns and information. Our custom data mining approaches have served clients for over a decade, long before Technology Assisted Review (TAR) became a popular term.
Whether strategizing your case, analyzing ESI for review, or examining a document production received from an adverse party, data mining can provide useful insights:
- Identify concealed patterns and anomalies in text data that would not otherwise be detectable
- Find patterns in financial data or reports that suggest an irregular (perhaps tampered) document
- Group documents of similar types (contracts, invoices, design documents) and reveal the differences between them
- Analyze metadata fields (authors, cc/bcc, modification dates, etc.) to confirm activity patterns
Our consultants provide sophisticated techniques, including clustering, frequency analysis, and gap analysis on a data set to extract patterns not easily obtained with traditional search:
- Clustering: our consultants tune to the data types and sizes to enable the strongest concept “signals” to emerge from the noise of large document collections. This is valuable in revealing important terms and topics you may not have previously identified.
- Frequency Analysis: Digital WarRoom’s statistical mapping process allows investigative attorneys to determine who is communicating, about what and with what frequency.
- Gap Analysis: by mapping metadata and other variables against time, a wealth of information can be summarized through histograms and statistical summaries. This may yield insight into missing email, unexpected gaps in keywords or concepts and other unusual document characteristics.
Among a wide-range of services, Digital WarRoom’s data mining will enhance your understanding of case issues and custodian activities, allowing you to construct a strong case strategy and rapidly identify relevant and responsive documents.